I feel quite excited at the thought of attending a symposium on Women Age and Popular Films. Whereas scholars have written a lot about film and gender, the issue of sexism+ageism has not often been addressed. It is only a shame that it is taking place in Newcastle as all my old feminist contacts live in London.
- MAKE WAY FOR TOMORROW (1937)
- The Hundred Foot Journey (2014)
- MOTHER AND SON Gentleman’s Agreement (1947)
- SINCE OTAR LEFT (2003)
- MARVIN’S ROOM (1996): Love and Care
- Make Mine Mink (1960) at the Ealing Oldies Network meeting.
- WOMEN AND WAR FILMS.
- TOKYO STORY – film group responses
- ON FILM STILLS, CLIPS AND REVIEWS
- Grief and Guilt -The Straight Story and Manchester by the Sea