- EAT DRINK MAN WOMAN (1994) at EON
- THE WIFE (2017)
- THE CLOCK (Christian Marclay) Tate Modern.
- CINEMAS, FILMS AND AGEING
- FACES PLACES (VISAGES VILLAGES) (2017)
- HOTEL SALVATION (2016) at EON
- HOTEL SALVATION (2016)
- Mrs. Caldicot’s Cabbage War (2002)
- To my followers
- SUMMER REFLECTIONS on films featuring old women.
Category Archives: festivals
I was asked by the Ealing Oldies Network to show them a film and lead the following discussion. EON is a friendship group of old people who meet locally every Monday. It is self organised, people share their knowledge and … Continue reading
I quote here a few lines of my 2013 post that dealt with the wonderful Intergenerational Film Festival Lumiere Blanche organised by the geriatrician Dr. Jean Jacques Depassio. The Festival is no more, but the DVD Wrinkles has been released in the USA and … Continue reading
I saw two films featuring an old woman at the Festival this year: Grandma (2015 ) ticked all the boxes : Lily Tomlin, lesbian relationship, angry grandmother, women’s liberation, the 70s, odd characters, good granddaughter/grandmother relationship , difficult one with daughter, teenager … Continue reading