- MAKE WAY FOR TOMORROW (1937)
- The Hundred Foot Journey (2014)
- MOTHER AND SON Gentleman’s Agreement (1947)
- SINCE OTAR LEFT (2003)
- MARVIN’S ROOM (1996): Love and Care
- Make Mine Mink (1960) at the Ealing Oldies Network meeting.
- WOMEN AND WAR FILMS.
- TOKYO STORY – film group responses
- ON FILM STILLS, CLIPS AND REVIEWS
- Grief and Guilt -The Straight Story and Manchester by the Sea
Tag Archives: Beirut
The film group film this month was Caramel. I had presented it in 2011 at the Lexi cinema to a general audience at the U3A matinée. They loved the film. On release in 2007 the critics and reviewers were in … Continue reading
When I first saw Caramel I loved it because I recognised my life in Beirut. I relished hearing Lebanese Arabic, the exuberance of conversations and the outspoken banter. It reminded me of the family waxing sessions when as I child … Continue reading