- MAKE WAY FOR TOMORROW (1937)
- The Hundred Foot Journey (2014)
- MOTHER AND SON Gentleman’s Agreement (1947)
- SINCE OTAR LEFT (2003)
- MARVIN’S ROOM (1996): Love and Care
- Make Mine Mink (1960) at the Ealing Oldies Network meeting.
- WOMEN AND WAR FILMS.
- TOKYO STORY – film group responses
- ON FILM STILLS, CLIPS AND REVIEWS
- Grief and Guilt -The Straight Story and Manchester by the Sea
Tag Archives: communication
Gentleman’s Agreement (1947) I was very surprised when I read Bradshaw’s article a few months ago. https://www.theguardian.com/film/2017/feb/15/best-picture-oscar-winners-gentlemans-agreement-1947 This film about anti-semitism is not considered as one of Kazan’s best work and Bradshaw’s choice has been criticised. This is not about … Continue reading
The film group film this month was Caramel. I had presented it in 2011 at the Lexi cinema to a general audience at the U3A matinée. They loved the film. On release in 2007 the critics and reviewers were in … Continue reading
When I first saw Ali: Fear Eats the Soul, years ago I did not record my thoughts or the film group’s. I just remember that I had a strong feeling that Fassbinder explored ageing and ageism as well as racism … Continue reading
The film I chose for the old women in film group this month was Fassbinder’s Ali: Fear Eats The Soul (1974) . I saw it a long time ago with a group in the context of old women in film but at … Continue reading