- Make Mine Mink (1960) at the Ealing Oldies Network meeting.
- WOMEN AND WAR FILMS.
- TOKYO STORY – film group responses
- ON FILM STILLS, CLIPS AND REVIEWS
- Grief and Guilt -The Straight Story and Manchester by the Sea
- HAROLD AND MAUDE (1971) 46 years later
- Caramel (2007)
- HOW WE ‘CONSUME’ CINEMA
- The Barbarian Invasions (2003)
- Ali: Fear Eats the Soul. An older woman’s view.
Tag Archives: guilt
Again a brief post that does not deal with the representation of old women in feature films but since I wrote about The Straight Story (1999) 5 years ago I will consider Manchester by the Sea (2016). I find I have … Continue reading
The Brent U3A film group looking at the representation of old women met again for the first session of the academic year. I was sad to note that there were no members of the original group alive anymore. But I … Continue reading
The Imposter elicits amazement at the story and praise at the way the director tells the story. At the heart of this dramatised documentary is the incredible fact that a mother and sister are fooled into accepting a serial imposter … Continue reading