- EAT DRINK MAN WOMAN (1994) at EON
- THE WIFE (2017)
- THE CLOCK (Christian Marclay) Tate Modern.
- CINEMAS, FILMS AND AGEING
- FACES PLACES (VISAGES VILLAGES) (2017)
- HOTEL SALVATION (2016) at EON
- HOTEL SALVATION (2016)
- Mrs. Caldicot’s Cabbage War (2002)
- To my followers
- SUMMER REFLECTIONS on films featuring old women.
Tag Archives: hair
The film group film this month was Caramel. I had presented it in 2011 at the Lexi cinema to a general audience at the U3A matinée. They loved the film. On release in 2007 the critics and reviewers were in … Continue reading
” I am a lonely old woman in the hands of a lunatic.” Tatie Danielle It is difficult to write about Tatie Danielle. A film hard to categorise. It is not black comedy nor satire as it is sometimes described being … Continue reading
When I first saw Caramel I loved it because I recognised my life in Beirut. I relished hearing Lebanese Arabic, the exuberance of conversations and the outspoken banter. It reminded me of the family waxing sessions when as I child … Continue reading