- FACES PLACES (VISAGES VILLAGES) (2017)
- HOTEL SALVATION (2016) at EON
- HOTEL SALVATION (2016)
- Mrs. Caldicot’s Cabbage War (2002)
- To my followers
- SUMMER REFLECTIONS on films featuring old women.
- FILMS – DEMENTIA – LOCAL CINEMAS
- AFTER LIFE (2008)-2 . Social realism.
- THE STRAIGHT STORY at ‘EON’ AND EDIE
- AFTER LIFE (1998) Life review
Tag Archives: old woman
A film that has probably one of the most fascinating, strong and magnetic female characters in cinema in recent years. Lucía Ros Serra Espinof At the age of 82 I have lived 53 years in our house. The tearoom, … Continue reading
It is bizarre at the age of 81 to have a feeling of deja vu about the experience of seeing a film. And this is the only way I can explain my profound distaste of Chronic. I have tried to … Continue reading
I had written about this film exactly three years ago and seeing it again proved to be as fascinating. I had shown it to the film group of the time but did not record responses. The membership of the film group … Continue reading
Because things are the way they are, things will not stay the way they are. Bertolt Brecht. When I decided to look at the representation of the old woman in films for my MA in 1997 I thought I would … Continue reading
For the film group this month I chose Went The Day Well? I had seen the film, probably at the NFT, a long time ago. At the time I had just started to research the subject. The film impressed me because … Continue reading