- SINCE OTAR LEFT (2003)
- MARVIN’S ROOM (1996): Love and Care
- Make Mine Mink (1960) at the Ealing Oldies Network meeting.
- WOMEN AND WAR FILMS.
- TOKYO STORY – film group responses
- ON FILM STILLS, CLIPS AND REVIEWS
- Grief and Guilt -The Straight Story and Manchester by the Sea
- HAROLD AND MAUDE (1971) 46 years later
- Caramel (2007)
- HOW WE ‘CONSUME’ CINEMA
Tag Archives: women
The film group film this month was Caramel. I had presented it in 2011 at the Lexi cinema to a general audience at the U3A matinée. They loved the film. On release in 2007 the critics and reviewers were in … Continue reading
When I first saw Ali: Fear Eats the Soul, years ago I did not record my thoughts or the film group’s. I just remember that I had a strong feeling that Fassbinder explored ageing and ageism as well as racism … Continue reading
The Brent U3A film group looking at the representation of old women met again for the first session of the academic year. I was sad to note that there were no members of the original group alive anymore. But I … Continue reading